When you need a hardworking, reliable driveway alarm system at a reasonable price, the Driveway Informer is a wireless driveway alarm that has you covered. Our BEST SELLING set comes complete with 2 pieces – the outdoor driveway transmitter (DI2000T-A) and the indoor plug-in chime receiver (DI2000R-A).
This system consistently outsells all other driveway alerts on the market, due to the 1000 ft. range, ease of use and set up and expand-ability. Monitor your driveway or business entrance and be alerted when visitors, customers or intruders enter your property. The Driveway Informer uses a passive – infrared (PIR) sensor to detect motion from cars, people or animals in a monitored zone. When motion is detected, a wireless signal is sent to the chime receiver up to 1000 feet away, which emits 1 of 4 pleasant sounds.
The outdoor sensor/transmitter is mounted to a post or tree and emits an invisible beam across the detection area. The sensor is battery powered ( 2 “AA” batteries are NOT included) and mounts with a supplied bracket and screws. Dip switches allow the unit to pair with additional sensors and receivers and allow you to choose the chime sound that is triggered.
The receiver is a plug in chime and works with any standard wall outlet. Simply plug in the unit where you need to hear it most. Add additional receivers to hear the chime in multiple rooms or buildings. A counter on the chime allows you to see the number of triggers in the detection zone. On the back of the receiver is a volume control knob that allows you to adjust the volume according to your preference. Also on the back of the receiver/speaker are two terminal screws; one is to power an external speaker, allowing you to hear the chime sound in another room or location. The second terminal screw is for a live 12 volt output, which can be used to power a variety of accessories such as strobe lights, sirens, counters, X10 interfaces, and virtually any product powered by 12 volts.
- Excellent 1,000 ft.range is line of site with no interference.
- Up to 4 monitoring zones with different sounds for each zone. The unit provides 4 differing chimes, allowing you to easily determine which zone has been triggered.
- The speaker terminal screw allows an add an extra speaker.
- Expandable system allows add on of additional sensors and receivers all working seamlessly together.
- Accessories connection (12v DC terminal) for items such as a siren, strobe light, and X-10 interface to customize the Driveway Informer to your specific and unique needs.
- Built in counter with digital display, features a reset button.
- Two year battery life expected (At 500 rings per day) powered by 2 “AA” batteries (not included).
This system is Made in the USA and offers a 1 year warranty. No hassle and no headaches.